PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
Rhode Island Dog Bite Attorney
The consequences of a dog bite can be life altering for victims, resulting in permanent disfigurement and psychological trauma. If you or a family member is injured from a dog bite or attack, the law recognizes that the owner of the dog may be liable. Our experienced legal team is well equipped to handle these cases and fight on your behalf. Since the success of these cases is fact sensitive and generally requires a thorough investigation, it is important to consult with an attorney as soon as possible.
After experiencing a dog bite or attack victims may face significant medical treatment and expenses, a loss of income and job security, and major pain and discomfort. The Law Offices of Michael Campopiano is devoted to representing individuals who have suffered serious injuries caused by the negligence of others.
Our compassionate and experienced team of personal injury attorneys and paralegals are here to assist you and your family through this very difficult period of time. Our technology and resources provide our entire staff with up-to-date knowledge and information allowing us to carefully investigate and prepare your case to obtain the proper compensation you deserve from those that are responsible.
Dog Bite Injuries
It is a common misconception that the only consequences of a dog bite are some broken skin. In fact, dogs can cause a wide range of injuries, some related to the dog itself and others to the circumstances of the incident. Below are some common types of dog bite injuries. If you have been the victim of any of these, strongly consider working with a dog bite attorney who can help you fight for a financial settlement.
- Puncture wounds and large cuts
- One or more broken bones on any part of the body
- Injuries to the eyes, including partial or full blindness
- Scars that disfigure you for life
- Nerve damage that leads to persistent pain
- New or worsening emotional effects
- Rabies are other diseases passed through the dog bite
Understanding a Dog Bite Financial Settlement
If you have been injured by a dog bite caused by the negligence of the dog’s owner, it is your right to pursue a financial settlement. This settlement cannot erase the trauma of the incident. And it will not eliminate all of the effects. But it will do a lot to help you overcome the burdens you face and get the justice you seek. Here is what a financial settlement is designed to cover:
- Medical Bills – Your dog bite will likely require medical attention, and in the worst cases can require extensive treatment. A financial settlement can cover the cost of bills you shouldn’t have to pay.
- Ongoing Care – to live the life you have grown accustomed to, you may require ongoing care in the wake of a dog bite. But this care can be expensive and may not be covered by your insurance. A financial settlement can help you avoid a major financial burden.
- Lost Wages – While you were recovering from your dog bite you may have had to take time off of work. It is not your fault that you have lost wages, or perhaps lost your job entirely. A financial settlement is designed to recoup some of this lost income.
- Quality of Life – Hopefully you make a full recovery from your dog bite. But some people have to pay the price for the rest of their lives. A financial settlement can help to replace some of the quality of life that has been lost with financial security.
- Justice – You don’t want anyone else to go through the ordeal you’ve faced. Pursuing a financial settlement creates a powerful incentive for the dog owner to change his or her behavior.
Dog Bite Damages
Our team has successfully recovered damages for dog bite victims and appropriately held negligent dog owners responsible for injuries and hardships resulting from the attack.
Whether your injury is relatively minor or very serious, our dedicated and experienced team is prepared to begin working on a favorable resolution now. Contact the Rhode Island Dog Bite Lawyers at Michael Campopiano now at 401-288-3888 or fill out our Contact form for a free consultation.